Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who would be your hero anime nose study

Who would be your hero?? Anime nose study please answer

Im going to start breaking anime apart peice by peice its a wonderful style and I love it but we must understand that discrimination can exist in anime as well, such as in the nose
as I see anime its like hollywood only certin actors are choosen for the part because of their looks
anime has so many great possibilitys because of the way the shapes are drawn.
anime can give you a strong sense of confidense, or it can used to promote the way you look at beauty in the world. dont get this twisted as a race thing because its not its far beyond that. ask yourself how often do you make heros or main characters with big noses, long chins, strong cheek bones, lazy eyes. main characters can come in all types if you find yourself just drawing the normal anime because its beautiful to you please look deep with in yourself and try to understand why you think its beautiful.

Anime or japanese art is not just about beauty
To me the strokes of japanese art are the strokes of confidense

please comment

3 comments:

honeybo said...

Interesting point. There is definitely alot of anime artists that don't really try to have any variety in their facial structures. I can't lie, I would probably favor the hero with the smaller nose, but I think that's because his facial expression in general is less sinister looking.

RocMegamanX said...

To me, the bottom character would be the hero. Though, you might want to trim their eyebrows a bit.

Megan said...

I do defiantly agree, I feel bad saying the bottom one would be the one I would first pick the second one!

However the first does have a bit of a mischievous face, that doesn't mean that it is bad, just playful.I'm gonna have to start really getting into doing more then "beautiful sketches" I tend to perfect everything. Thus making my art and characters pretty dull.

You said that "strokes of Japanese art are the strokes of confidence" and I believe your right. And since me, and other "anime style artist base it off of the "Beautiful" aspect we limit ourselves. Even if it's not apart of what we want to do I think we should all learn how to draw other things other then The beautiful. A hero can be a chubby middle aged father protecting his kids, not necessarily a 20 year old Hunk with abbs of steal or the 17 year old college babe with super powers(even if we would all liked to be saved by one of those types at one point or another.)

Besides, the personality is Key in an anime, you can have a troll looking character seem like the most liked because he is friendly and caring and saves people/animals/things.

Drawing a "Beautiful" Character, might also make the personality lackluster. I have come across many a anime character where they where specifically drawn for eye candy, nothing else. [Saske from Naruto, in the Manga it had stated that he was the inserted into the story line to give Naruto a rival and give it more spunk.]

So I totally agree with you. I think that more people should have posted in response to this :(